Enjoy better design management, improved cost control, and increased profits.
SoftList allows you to automatically generate materials lists, cost estimate reports, and more using information
stored in your SoftPlan floor plans.
SoftList eliminates the errors associated with manual calculations and is completely customizable, giving you
the flexibility to count materials based on the way you work.
- Materials lists complete with markup values, labor costs, and customizable units and quantities.
- Cutlist reports to ensure minimal lumber waste.
- Cost estimate reports showing pricing, labor rates, markups, and more.
Detailed SoftList reports for your own use, listing items such as markup, and labor, or create simplified
reports for clients.
Materials lists can be exported to estimating software, accounting packages such as QuickBooks®, and scheduling
programs. And costs can be easily imported from outside sources, like your lumber supplier, your current price
spreadsheet, and any accounting package.
SoftPlan even lets you integrate your projects into REScheck for automatic energy
calculations. More information.
- Estimate materials individually, as assemblies, or as allowances.
- Link labor costs with materials. Over time, you can track and update these costs to make estimates
- Change pricing easily by assigning up to three different price quotes per material.
- Customize lumber pricing tables for different types of lumber or suppliers.
- Remodelers enjoy more accurate calculations by having SoftList generate a materials list only for new
- Edit formulas for precision calculations based on the way you build.
What piqued my interest? The material take-off. I tried using another estimating
program but I found that I still had to do a lot of figuring. Plus it was so
cumbersome, time consuming and inaccurate. But SoftPlan could look in every nook and
cranny, and give me an accurate list. I put it through a rough test too. I drew six
different wall types and placed a wide variety of window styles and sizes - and with a
push of a button - a complete material list. No more running out of materials or over
guessing. The SoftPlan materials list saves me time and my profit margin has gone up by
5% - 7% in the first year. Before it was hit and miss with my pricing per square foot.
Now with SoftPlan, a customer can come to me with a rough sketch, and I can produce a
very close cost estimate in a day. This is getting me more work.
Stonegate Signature Homes.
As a material management provider for everyone from top 10 production builders to
small, local custom builders, we can't settle for anything less than accurate. Using
the flexibility of SoftList, we're able to meet the material reporting needs of our
largest clients. This is a difficult task given the complexity of a multi-divisional
builder operating across multiple regions, states, and markets. We can typically save
clients between $1,000 and $4,000 per plan on excess material costs.
Colorado Springs, CO
Sample SoftList report.